“When my patients can chew better, they enjoy their food more. When my patients can smile with confidence, they are happier. It’s as simple as that.” – Dan Collins (Formby Surgeon)
Implant-retained dentures are a popular method of securely attaching overdentures. Unlike regular dentures that rest on the gum, implant-retained dentures are supported by permanent dental implants. The result is a more comfortable, secure denture.
There are many benefits of using implant-retained dentures by same day smiles, rather than traditional dentures:
- Regular dentures require adhesives to secure them. This can be messy and inconvenient. Implant-retained dentures don’t require adhesives to secure them.
- Regular dentures cause bone loss. This is substantially reduced with implant-retained dentures. Your jawbone is protected and you’ll be less likely top encounter problems in the future.
- The lips are supported with implant-retained dentures, which lessens wrinkles and prevents premature ageing.
- It may be possible to eat some of the foods that regular dentures prevented you from eating. Chewing is easier and those previously limited to soft food diets can eat solid foods.
- Implant-retained dentures are significantly more comfortable.
- Secure dentures prevent speech issues that may be caused by traditional dentures.
What treatment is required for implant-retained dentures?
Our experienced surgeons at same day smiles have developed a procedure that is quick, painless and followed by a speedy recovery. The end result cannot be replicated with any other forms of cosmetic dental surgery.
How many implants a patient will require depends entirely on their individual circumstances. Lower dentures will usually only require 2 implants to secure, whereas upper dentures will usually require 4 implants.
Our treatment plans are usually split into three appointments:
At the first stage of the process your dentist will take the necessary x-rays, scans and diagnostics. From these, a detailed plan will be drawn up and the best course of action will be decided. This will be explained to you in full, and your dentist will answer questions you may have.
The required number of implants will be inserted into the designated area of the jawbone. The incisions in which the titanium implants fit will take between 3-6 months to fully heal. During this time you can wear your regular overdenture without interfering with the implants.
Fitting the denture
When the implants have fully healed, we will arrange for the appropriate attachments to be fitted to the implants and the denture. The denture is then clipped to the implants.
The different types of implant-supported dentures we provide
At same day smiles we offer patients two types of implant-retained dentures:
Bar-retained dentures – This method involves a thin metal bar being attached to the implants within the jawbone. Small clips are then attached to the metal bar and the denture can then be securely fixed to the clip.
Ball-retained dentures – The implants within the jaw are fitted with ball-shaped attachments. These are then clipped into attachments in the denture, which hold it securely in place.
We will discuss the types of implant-secured dentures available to you during your initial consultation, and advise on the best option for you.
How much do implant-secured dentures cost?
The exact cost of the treatment depends on your specific requirements. The cost for the lower arch starts at £4,950, whereas the upper arch starts at £7,950.
Contact same day smiles today to find out more about implant-secured implants. We have a number of payment options available to help you spread the cost.Implant-Retained Dentures,