The benefits of dental implants as a means of replacing missing teeth include:
- Dental implants (unlike dentures) won’t move around once they are in place. This helps to eliminate and discomfort and pain
- Having dental implants in place can help to prevent deterioration of your jaw bone, which can naturally occur over time where teeth are missing
- Having dental implants fitted does not have any impact on your healthy teeth
- Any speech problems as a result of your missing teeth will be improved
- If you’ve experienced problems eating certain foods because of missing teeth, dental implants can rectify this
- Replacing missing teeth can help boost confidence in those who feel sensitive about their appearance as the result of missing teeth
- Dental implants are a permanent solution for those with missing teeth.
To fit a dental implant, a skilled dentist will make an incision in your jaw into which a titanium screw is fitted.
The dental implants themselves are titanium anchors that effectively replace your natural roots. They are fixed to your jaw bone, meaning that over time (in almost all cases) your jaw bone fuses with the implant naturally. This makes dental implants a permanent, comfortable solution.
A prosthetic tooth is then fitted to the implant to give you a realistic and natural looking smile.
Same Day Dental Implants
With some of the traditional dental implants procedures, patients can have quite a wait (sometimes months!) between having the implant fitted and having the crowns (the actual replacement teeth) added.
At Same Day Smiles, though, we’ll carry out a full assessment (including an X-ray and/or CT scan) to establish the condition of your jawbone and, if it’s suitable, we can apply crowns on the same day as we fix your implants.
At same day smiles™
, we know you want to look your best, eat the foods you enjoy, and go about your day-to-day life without experiencing the problems that come with missing teeth and traditional dentures.
We’ve been fitting dental implants for 8 years, improving the lives of hundreds of patients, but we understand that you may have apprehensions about going ahead with the procedure.
That’s why we invite you to come along for a free consultation, where you’ll meet your local patient co-ordinator and dental implant surgeon. We’ll make sure you’re a suitable candidate for dental implants, and we’ll explain what the process will involve.
As part of our patient-centred service, we also take every possible step to ensure that your experience with us is one you’ll remember for all the right reasons, from start to finish. You can read testimonials from some of our past patients here
If you decide to go ahead, we have finance plans available to help you meet the cost of the treatment.